Castlevania has been with video games since the days of Trapper Keepers, Ghostbusters, and before the internet. We're a few weeks away from the release of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2. There have been many, many Castlevania's developed over a span of 28 years since the first Castlevania in 1986.
With such a rich history I thought it'd be fun to share with you a Top Ten list of secrets throughout the Castlevania Saga. This list is courtesy of KONAMI, publisher of the legendary franchise. All information contained within is provided by the Producer of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, David Cox.
1. The design of Gabriel's costume in Castlevania: Lords of Shadow was based on the cover of the NES game “Simon's Quest”.
2. We considered various actors for the role of Dracula including Gerard Butler and Jonathan Rhys Meyers, both of whom have played Dracula.
3. Mercury Engine 2 was designed for next gen systems and was built from scratch.
4. Almost every single enemy and character has appeared in previous Castlevania games.
5. The work of Guillermo Del Toro has been a big influence on the Castlevania: Lords of Shadow series.
6. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 uses a combination of orchestral and electronic music. This was done to highlight the past and present aspects of the game.
7. Zobek is an amalgamation of the Dark Priest Shaf and Death from earlier Castlevania games.
8. In Dracula Curse for the NES, if players completed the game as Trevor Belmont, during the end cut scene Trevor married Sypha Belnades. In Mirror of Fate Trevor is married to Sypha Belnades.
9. Hideo Kojima played the character of Chupacabras in the Japanese version of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.
10. Hoko Kuwashima, Carmilla's Japanese voice actress, also voiced Shanoa in Order of Ecclesia.
I definitely found these fun facts intriguing. I hope this was fun for you as well. Castlevania : Lords of Shadow 2 will be available in the US for the Playstation 3, Xbox 360, and Windows PC on February 25th 2014.